Monday, October 21, 2013

What's on the News?

I was on Twitter this afternoon, and as I was scrolling down I opened a picture.
Embedded image permalink
As I was reading the list of things the news talks about, I realized how much of it is actually true. The real issues are never there. It's always, somebody died, stock market's up, somebody famous had a baby, somebody famous got an award, somebody famous is on drugs, gas prices are up, here's people causing an outrage, politics, etc. All information that is quite frankly getting old. Honestly, I really don't care that Kim Kardashian got a new dog or that some guy in a far out county got arrested for drug overdose.
Looking at the list of information we should be informed about is also very true. Some of the stuff on that list I didn't even know was happening. The problem with this is that all media is regulated by the government (which is a whole other rant by itself) and as we all know, sucks. It has always been and always be terrible because of the people in office and their greedy asses. Now, I won't deny that there were some great people in office, but there are and have been more than enough not-so-great people in office.
The fact that this terrible government regulates what the people know is actually pretty horrifying. Media (at least television and radio) is totally corrupt and brainwashing. This is why I do not listen to the radio or watch television (except to watch Pretty Little Liars, which I record and NFL). I honestly don't find a need to.
Now, you may be saying to yourself, "but Sam, how do you stay connected and entertained?" Well, the answer to that question is the internet. One of the big things I like is YouTube. YouTube let's people post up their views and opinions without being censored. Well, I guess it's somewhat moderated because viewers can report things and if videos are copyrighted then they are taken down. But, it's still so open. Honestly anyone can put anything on the internet. Which, in return doesn't necessarily mean everything is true, but I'll take it over unimportant nonsense on television.
And I swear if the government starts to censor the internet too, I think I might go insane and move to Canada.
If we need to know all of these things, maybe I'll figure all of it out and start a new blog. If it does happen, I'll give you guys a link or something. I guess that just about wraps it up for today, and on that note: I hope you learn something new today.

No comments:

Post a Comment